With the help of my great friends, my wife and I have made great strides in completing the massive corral/pen/compound for our 2,000 broiler(roaster) chickens.
Completed as of our last update –
1) 70% of the perimeter chain link fencing.
2) Screwed down all the 5/4” cross board for the covered portion on each side of the far side (west side) sea container.
3) 80% of the large game fencing (as roofing) on the open air potion of the coral – 2 segments left to put up. (as seen in the photos – Reyna & Gisela have completed the stitching).
4) Half of the west side walls – only top half (windows left to be installed).
5) 30% of the metal roofing on the west portion of the pen has been installed.
6) Build one of the two 40’ planter beds & fill with dirt.
7) Drill 1” holes in the 45 gal drums which act as feeders for the chickens.
8) Backfill the perimeter fencing.
Left to do –
1) Install eastside windows. (60’)
2) Install the balance perimeter fencing. (approx. 120’ of chain link fence)
3) Install the last four pair of roof trusses.
4) Build the remaining 40’ planter beds & fill with dirt
5) Install the gates @ the east end pen
6) Install the remaining 70 % of the metal roofing on the west portion of the pen
7) Install 2 segments of the large game fencing (as roofing) on the open air potion of the coral (cut and stretch)
8) Stain 9 mini pallets to support the feeders
As you can see we are nearly there. You will not see us @ the Callingwood Farmers Market until the weekend of May 26, 2013